Monday, March 3, 2008

A venue, an engagement party, and a proposal!

Hello again!

Things are looking up for our little event.

After MUCH negotiating and strife - we were able to come to an agreement with the Renaissance, and we have decided to sign a contract with them! It is going to be expensive. To be honest - I didn't have a realistic budget in mind for this wedding. I honestly thought that I could do a moderately elegant and simple wedding for half the regional average, which is $27,000...

I

was

wrong.

Way wrong, in fact. It seems the regional average is an average for a reason. Things are so ridiculously expensive. I am in the wrong business, that's for sure.

That having been said - I'm glad we've settled on the Renaissance, because it is REALLY a beautiful hotel.

Oh - and did I mention a proposal?

I did! Alex proposed on Feb. 29th! It was beautiful, and touching, and exactly what I wanted it to be. I'm pretty sure he is planning to post it on this page for your reading pleasure. Suffice it to say - I cried, and then accepted. :)

So - it's official! I am going to be Mrs. Gates! :)

Tick tock... Can't wait til December 27th.

We had a lovely engagement party hosted by my Mother on Friday night. There were about 30 people there, and it was a lot of fun. (Despite the brutally awkward part where everyone took turns introducing themselves, and how they know Alex and me.)

It was at our favorite little Mexican restaurant, and we took over the place. They were wonderful hosts - and good times were had by all.

This week - our Save the Date cards will go out. Hopefully, we'll be able to post a jpeg of them on here... I'm not that tech savvy, though - so that will have to be Alex's job.

-b

No comments: